In Ensemble Video Version 5.3+ Institution Administrators can setup Institution Notifications that can be delivered to a user's email inbox. This is a great way to notify users of system updates, outages and other relevant information. To access Institution Notifications, go to the Administration menu on the left, click on Institution, then click on Notifications. Once you are in the Notifications area, click on the Edit button.
Configure Email (SMTP) Server
To finish setting up Email Notifications it’s necessary to configure an SMTP Server that will take care of the delivery of your emails. The configuration of SMTP servers is generally very easy – you will have to enter the proper SMTP Server details. Institution Administrators can choose the System Configuration or Custom Configuration.
The System Configuration will use the System SMTP Server Configuration (which is setup by a System Administrator). Click here to learn more about setting up the System Notifications. If you would like to setup a Custom Email Configuration for your Institution, choose Custom Configuration in the dropdown mean and enter the proper SMTP Server details in the configuration window.
- SMTP Server: The outgoing SMTP mail server
- Port: The outgoing SMTP mail server port. For example, 587 (alternatives: 465 and 25)
- Login: The SMTP mail server login
- Password:The SMTP mail server login
- Reply-To Email Address: The Reply-To email address
- Reply-To Display Name: The Reply-To display name
- Test Email Configuration: Enter an email address to send a test email to