In Version 5.3 (and above) the Ensemble Video Dropbox has new and enhanced functionality. Using the Dropbox tool, you can set up an Audio or Video Dropbox so that students, friends, colleagues, or other constituents can submit media to you without having to log into Ensemble Video. Learn more below:
Create a Dropbox
To access the Dropbox tool, log in to Ensemble, click Administration in the navigation pane, and select Dropbox. In the image below, there are no Dropboxes in this media library. Click the +Add button to create one.
The Dropbox Details panel will open with several fields to configure your Dropbox.
- Name: The name of the Dropbox, this is a required field.
- Url: The shareable web address for the Dropbox, this is a required field.
- Description: The description (or directions for the Dropbox) of the dropbox. This option can be displayed to the user prior to uploading their content.
- Dropbox Tracking: Allows you to select a user tracking method that will track the user Dropbox submission. User registration allows a user to enter their name and email address. Ensemble Account requires the user to enter their Ensemble username and password. Lastly, you can leverage an Identity provider such as LDAP, Active Directory, CAS, SAML 2.0 or Shibboleth.
- Media Workflow: Select how the uploaded content will be transcoded and processed. Typically, users will want to use the default option.
- Public: This setting allows you to show or hide your dropbox on the Ensemble Video dropbox directory located at https://yourensemblevideourl.com/dropbox/
- Enabled: This setting allows you to enable or disable the dropbox. When disabled, users/submitters will not be able to access or submit content to the Dropbox.
- Show Description: Determine if an empty Description field is displayed to the user/submitter when uploading content to the Dropbox.
- Show Keywords: Determine if an empty Keywords field is displayed to the user/submitter when uploading content to the Dropbox.
- Display Submissions in the Media Library: When checked, this setting allows you to show Dropbox submissions in the Media Library. If unchecked, the submissions will be accessed in the Dropbox Submissions area.
- Max Submissions Per User: This setting determines the maximum number of submissions per Dropbox user/submitter.
- Schedule Availability: Using the Scheduling form, you can designate a Display After and Display Until date & time. Either or both of these controls may be used, and they will affect the Dropbox publishing options.
Once you've created a Dropbox using the steps outlined above, you have a number of sharing, publishing and editing options.
- Url: The shareable web address of the Dropbox.
- Enabled/Disabled: This setting allows you to enable or disable the dropbox. When disabled, users/submitters will not be able to access or submit content to the Dropbox.
- Public/Not Public: This setting allows you to show or hide your dropbox on the Ensemble Video dropbox directory located at https://yourensemblevideourl.com/dropbox/
- Embed: Users can easily embed the Dropbox using an embed code that will embed the Dropbox into a webpage, CMS, LMS, or blog.
- Permalink: Users can click on the “Permalink” link and icon to create a custom Dropbox Permalink (permanent link).
- Access Control: With Access Control, you can restrict the audience of a Dropbox by requiring a login form, or limit viewers to a certain domain or web address.
- Copy: If you need to recreate a Dropbox for another class or event, or just click the Copy button. Copying a Dropbox will copy the Dropbox settings, but not the submissions.
- Edit: Users can edit the Dropbox settings (name, description, availability, etc).
- Submissions: Dropbox creators can review the Dropbox Submissions in the Submissions area. This is like a "sub-folder" for a Dropbox.
- Archive: A Dropbox can be archived in case it is not needed at the current time, this is a good way to cleanup your Dropboxes without Deleting them. Archived Dropboxes can be "unarchived"and be returned to "Active" at any time. Please use the Active/Archive Filter to view Active and Archived Dropboxes.
- Delete: This setting allows you to Delete a Dropbox. When a Dropbox is Deleted the Submissions are Deleted and Unpublished.
Upload Content to a Dropbox
When you or a users visits the Dropbox, they will need to enter some information and select a file to upload.
- Content Title: The submitter must enter a Content Title for the submission, this is required.
- First Name: The First Name of the user uploading content, this is required.
- Last Name: The Last Name of the user uploading content, this is required.
- Email: The Email Address of the user uploading content, this is required.
- Description (optional): The submitter can enter a Description for the submission, this is an optional field and not required.
- Keywords (optional): The submitter can enter Keywords for the submission, this is an optional field and not required.
- Select File to Upload: The submitter can Select a file to Upload or Drag and Drop a video file into the uploader.
After the file is uploaded, the submitter will get a confirmation message in the Dropbox panel.
View Dropbox Submissions
To access the Dropbox submissions, log in to Ensemble, click Administration in the navigation pane, and select Dropbox, then click on the Submissions button.
Dropbox creators can now access all the Dropbox submissions in the Submissions tab. Dropbox creators can leverage all the content tools for Dropbox submissions (Download, Embed, Edit, Publish, Delete, etc).