As of April 2018, Google has made changes to their Autoplay Policy. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Muted autoplay is always allowed.
- Autoplay with sound is allowed if:
- User has interacted with the domain (click, tap, etc.).
- On desktop, the user's Media Engagement Index threshold has been crossed, meaning the user has previously play video with sound.
- On mobile, the user has added the site to his or her home screen.
- Top frames can delegate autoplay permission to their iframes to allow autoplay with sound.
Any videos hosted with Ensemble Video will not autoplay on Google Chrome. Unfortunately, this needs to be fixed from the end-user side.
To fix this:
- Paste chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy in your URL bar
- Open the drop down box and select No user gesture is required.
After selecting this, just restart the browser and videos should now be able to autoplay.