Using the Media Library, you can create, view, edit, publish, and download content. You can also access the permalink for a published entry, or share your content via social media.
- Adjusting Display Settings
- Adding New Content Using the Add/Edit Wizard
- Uploading Content Using the Bulk Upload Tool
- Editing Content using the Add/Edit Wizard
- Publishing from the Add/Edit Wizard
- Copying Content to Another Library
- Previewing and Downloading
- Sharing on Social Media and Email
- Sharing a Permalink
- Embedding Content on an External Website
- Deleting Content
- Bulk Deleting
Pictured above: The Media Library Window
Adjusting Display Settings
By default, the Media Library displays in a single column, with 10 items per page. Use the selector drop down to show 10, 20, 50, or 100 results per page.
To change to a multi-column grid layout, click the grid icon:
Adding New Content Using the Add/Edit Wizard
To upload a video, or image(s), click the +Add button to open the Add/Edit Wizard.
For details on using the wizard, see: Adding a New Video.
Uploading Multiple Video Files
To upload multiple files simultaneously, click the Bulk Upload button in the Media Library header.
The bulk upload window will now open.
- Select the desired Workflow. This will control how the videos are processed after uploading. For more information, see the Using Media Workflows guide.
- Click the Add Files button to browse for the files to upload, or drag your files from your computer to the box labeled Drag Files here.
- Click Start Upload when all desired files have been selected.
- When the upload(s) are finished, a prompt will ask if you want to close the bulk window.
- Optional: Use the Add/Edit Wizard to manage the title, description, meta data, and content for the new uploads.
Editing Content Using the Add/Edit Wizard
If you need to edit meta data or manage content for an item in your Media Library, click the Edit button below the content to open the Add/Edit Wizard. See the Add/Edit Wizard guide to learn more about managing your content.
Publishing Content Using the Add/Edit Wizard
Once content is loaded to the media library, you can use the Add/Edit Wizard to Publish to an existing playlist, share to other users and LDAP groups, post to social media, and schedule a publishing date. Open the Add/Edit Wizard using the Publish button.
To learn more about this feature, visit the Publishing and Sharing guide.
Copying Content to Another Library
To copy content to another library, click the Copy button.
The Copy Content menu will open. Select a target library for the new copy, and click the green Copy Content button. Only libraries that have allowed you to share and copy to them will be available in the drop-down list.
Copying is different from sharing in several ways:
- Copied content is added to the Media Library, not the Shared Library. This gives the new library complete control of their copy of the content.
- Copied content duplicates the metadata and the actual content file(s). If either copy is deleted, the other will not be affected.
- Permission to copy content must be enabled, in addition to normal sharing permission. See the Enabling Sharing guide for allowing another library to copy content to your Media Library.
Previewing and Downloading Content
To preview a video or image gallery, click on the content's title or thumbnail in the Media Library. A pop-up window with a player will open. To Download a video, click the Download button under the video thumbnail in the Media Library.
Your browser will prompt you to either open or download the video.
Sharing on Social Media and Email
To share a video to social media, click the Share button under the content you'd like to share. This option is only available if the content has been published.
The Sharing window includes options for Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Email.
Click on one of the social media icons to open the sharing option for any of the platforms. If you are not already logged in to the sharing platform you chose, you will be prompted to do so before you can share content. If you would rather manually share a link to the video, use the Permalink button instead.
Creating a Permalink
Click the Permalink button to generate a static and permanent hyperlink for an item in the Media Library. The permalink can be copied & pasted anywhere you'd like to share it. This option is only available if the content has been published.
Configuring a Permalink
After you've clicked the Permalink button, copy the pre-generated URL to share a simple video player with minimal supplementary information.
To edit the pre-generated URL, type a new string into the custom permalink box, then click Create.
To include Social Media Sharing Tools, Attachments, or Annotations in the player, click the checkbox for the option.
For more options, click the Advanced Settings option.
When you are done configuring your permalink, click the View button to preview the player, or click Close to return to the Media Library.
Embedding the Player on an External Website
Using the Embed button, you can generate HTML code to copy & paste into a platform outside of Ensemble, such as your forward-facing website or LMS. This option is only available if the content has been published.
The Embed window offers several options for configuring your embed code. First, select a Mode.
For more options, click the Advanced Settings option.
To delete an item, click the Delete button associated with the content to be removed.
After deletion, content is unavailable to all users, shared libraries, and playlists. Content that has been copied elsewhere will not be affected.
Deleting a large collection of videos individually can be time consuming. To delete a batch of content, click the checkbox to the left of each video to be deleted, then click the Bulk Delete button.
This will open the Bulk Delete window. Click the X icon to remove a video from the list (it will not be deleted). Push the Bulk Delete button to delete all content on the list and return to the Media Library.
Note: There is no "Are you sure?" prompt while using this tool. Clicking the Delete button will immediately trigger the delete function